logo

Newcastle United transfer round-up with latest on Tosin Adarabioyo amid Man United ‘hijack’ talk

Newcastle United scouts have already been busy up and down the UK and around Europe in the build-up to the summer transfer window.

At his Tuesday morning press conference, Howe spoke openly about “keeping apace” with the Premier League’s top sides and warned it won’t be easy to simply waltz back into top four contention in the 2024/25 campaign. But despite not having a sporting director, Howe is confident that plans are in place to boost the squad this summer.

Howe said: “We need a squad that can deal with all types of absentees and problems, which you’re going to get during a season. That is what we’ll try to build.”

When asked if he would like to bring in another striker, Howe replied: “All I’ll say on that, and I’ll urge the word “caution”, is that to sign strikers of the ability to score goals in the Premier League would cost you an awful lot of money.

“I have to get the balance right between doing that and exposing ourselves in other areas, where the money might need to go.”

READ MORE: Everything Howe said on Isak, Wilson, injuries and Man United at Newcastle United press conference

READ MORE: Newcastle transfer state of play: Tosin deal claim, Kelly on list & early exits

Here’s today’s look at the deals Newcastle could be involved with this summer:

Tosin Adarabioyo

The Magpies have been linked with the soon to be released Fulham star with some observers claiming a deal is more than likely on Tyneside. Newcastle have kept their counsel on those claims although there is thought to have been some interest in Tosin.

But, as sections of the media were briefed by those close to the player that Man United were ready to hijack the deal, Newcastle stayed cool last night. Howe and his backroom staff are too long in the tooth to be drawn into any type of panic move or wages bidding war with football agents and will move on to other targets if fees aren’t right.

Teun Koopmeiners

The 26-year-old has been watched in the flesh by head of recruitment Steve Nickson and Newcastle have a file on the Dutch midfielder. But with Sandro Tonali set to return from his global ban, a central midfielder may not be the priority for the Magpies this summer.

The Atalanta star has been linked with Juventus, with Italian media claiming he has an agreement with the Serie A side, and Liverpool. With Arne Slot set for Anfield, there is a suggestion they are willing to pay a £60million asking price.

Alex McCarthy

The long-serving Southampton keeper has been a name mentioned at Newcastle with Loris Karius set to leave this summer. That would leave the Magpies short in terms of a third choice stopper.

But there is expected to be competition from Celtic and Liverpool for the 34-year-old’s services. His contract expires at the end of June and he is free to leave the Saints.

Ousmane Diomande

Newcastle have tracked the Sporting Lisbon star for some time and will be in the market for a centre-back given the injuries to Sven Botman and Jamaal Lascelles. The 20-year-old has been linked with Arsenal too in the last few days but his form has suffered in the second half of the season, arguably down to the constant speculation on his future.

Subsequently, clubs have been put off by the €80m release clause in his contract. Suggestions in Portugal are that Sporting may take a lower fee for his services.

Lewis Hall

Hall is currently classed as being on loan at Newcastle but has already spoken about his future being on Tyneside from next season and has plans to settle down in the city this summer. A surprise link with Borussia Dortmund emerged last week but Hall is only focused on becoming a Newcastle player on a full-time basis.

View news Source: https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-transfer-round-up-29172479

Scroll to Top